This page will be regularly updated if our service changes - please return for the most up-to-date information.
Last updated Thursday, 5th of August at 4:42pm.
Our current safety protocol is for Essential, Contactless Moves
We're operating a contactless service. This requires additional effort from customers, and from us - see below for a detailed breakdown of how a Man With A Van move works at this time. We're asking customers to help us do our bit to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
We're committed to playing our part - in tandem with our customers - to keep Melburnians moving safely. We continue to monitor government advice on best practices and business restrictions.
As always, if you have any questions about an upcoming booking, our operations or our response to COVID-19, please call our office on 9417 3443.
We're operating a modified, contactless service, which aims to minimise the risk of viral transmission. It's our only service offering during the lockdown period, and requires extra steps from customers and our movers.
What we need from you:
- An exact inventory. We will need to know exactly what items need to be moved to make sure all the right stuff is shifted
- Instructions for access to each property. If you’re going to be home, let us know you’re leaving the door open. If you’re not, leave a key out for us. Make sure we’re aware of the access instructions before the move day
- Labels on all items. Attach instructions to your items so the movers know where to put them at the drop-off address
- Clean and prepared property and goods. Please clean all high-touch areas, such as door handles and doorknobs, with disinfectant or soap before the movers arrive. Please wipe down hard surfaces on your furniture items using disinfectant
- Isolate yourself. Arrange to be offsite while the movers work, or isolated in another room, with the door closed. Talk to the movers over the phone, not in person, if you have additional instructions while they're working. We'll call you before arrival, so you’ll have the movers' number
- Provide a credit card over the phone in advance of the job. We’ll securely store it, put through payment at the end, and email you the paid invoice. We can’t accept cash or EFTPOS in person at this time. If you wish to tip our movers, rest assured that you can still do this - just let them know over the phone at the end of the job.
Note on assisting our movers: Under normal circumstances, we allow customers to assist with the handling of items to speed up the moving process. This is not an option at the current time. As a result, all one-mover bookings must only list items which can be safely handled by a single person.
We reserve the right to leave any job where our movers feel at risk, as this is a public health issue.
Please tell us!
- If anyone living in the properties has recently been overseas, or is in self-isolation for any reason
- If you are ill or have symptoms. If so, we will ask you to rebook for another time, or provide someone else to give access and facilitate the move
- If you’re over 70. We'll ask you to have a friend or family member oversee the move, and that you make arrangements not to be present. If this can't be arranged, we need to discuss your options further, prior to the move
Steps we're taking to reduce the risks
- Disinfecting our vehicles and equipment on a daily basis
- Keeping staff up-to-date with Australian Department of Health advice on good hygiene and social distancing, with particular emphasis on regular and thorough hand-washing
- Instructing staff not to attend work if they have any symptoms of illness. Instead, anyone experiencing symptoms has been instructed to stay home, consult their doctor, and follow the relevant Australian government protocols regarding self-isolating and testing
- We're following DHHS advice on mask-wearing. This means that our movers will wear masks wherever possible during the job, but may remove them while doing aerobically strenuous activities (such as carrying very heavy items, or going up or down flights of stairs).
- Actively monitoring advice from state and federal government departments for new requirements and best practice
Questions or concerns?
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, give our office a call on (03) 9417 3443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This page will be kept up to date with our current status, so please return for the most up-to-date information.
Since the get-go we've been doing our bit to help the environment.
Introducing: The Man's Box Shop
For more than a decade, The Man spent his time refining removals. Then he decided to get cracking at selling packing.
Gertrude Street Projection Festival 2019
Man With A Van provided support to the Gertrude Street Projection Festival once more in 2019, helping artists to make Fitzroy their canvas — exploring themes of desire, disruption and subversion.