This page will be regularly updated if our service changes - please return for the most up-to-date information.
Last updated 28th February.
We're currently carrying out Socially Distanced Moves
Our Socially Distanced service aims to minimise the risk of viral transmission.
If there will be someone over sixteen who is unvaccinated at the premises, and they are unable to fully isolate themselves, we will need to provide a 'Contactless' service instead. Our friendly phone staff will provide more info.
Our Socially Distanced service requires a few extra steps.
What we need from you:
- Maintain Social Distancing. During the walk-through with our movers upon arrival at the pick-up address, and another walk-through at the end of the move, please remain 1.5 metres from our movers at all times.
- Limit Contact. Apart from the walk-through at the start and end of the moves please limit interactions wherever possible.
- Labels. Clear labelling on boxes and doors will help reduce the need for questions and unnecessary contact. Colour coded stickers on boxes and doors are good for this.
- Clean. If possible, please clean all high-touch areas, such as door handles and doorknobs, with disinfectant or soap before the movers arrive.
- Isolate yourself. Arrange to be offsite while the movers work, or isolated in another room, with the door closed. Talk to the movers over the phone, not in person, if you have additional instructions while they're working. We'll call you before arrival, so you’ll have the movers' number
Note on assisting our movers: Under normal circumstances, we allow customers to assist with the handling of items to speed up the moving process. This is not an option at the current time. As a result, all one-mover bookings must only list items which can be safely handled by a single person.
We reserve the right to leave any job where our movers feel at risk, as this is a public health issue.
Please tell us!
- If anyone living in the properties has recently been overseas, or is in self-isolation for any reason
- If you are ill or have symptoms. If so, we will ask you to rebook for another time, or provide someone else to give access and facilitate the move
- If you’re over 70. We'll ask you to have a friend or family member oversee the move, and that you make arrangements not to be present. If this can't be arranged, we need to discuss your options further, prior to the move
Steps we're taking to reduce the risks
- Keeping staff up-to-date with Australian Department of Health advice on good hygiene and social distancing, with particular emphasis on regular and thorough hand-washing
- Instructing staff not to attend work if they have any symptoms of illness. Instead, anyone experiencing symptoms has been instructed to stay home, consult their doctor, and follow the relevant Australian government protocols regarding self-isolating and testing
- We're following DHHS advice on mask-wearing. This means that our movers will wear masks wherever possible during the job, but may remove them while doing aerobically strenuous activities (such as carrying very heavy items, or going up or down flights of stairs).
- Actively monitoring advice from state and federal government departments for new requirements and best practice
Questions or concerns?
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, give our office a call on (03) 9417 3443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This page will be kept up to date with our current status, so please return for the most up-to-date information.
Since the get-go we've been doing our bit to help the environment.
Introducing: The Man's Box Shop
For more than a decade, The Man spent his time refining removals. Then he decided to get cracking at selling packing.
Gertrude Street Projection Festival 2019
Man With A Van provided support to the Gertrude Street Projection Festival once more in 2019, helping artists to make Fitzroy their canvas — exploring themes of desire, disruption and subversion.